Follow these basic tips to pack efficiently and effectively for any trip.
- The bigger your suitcase, the more you will put into it.
- Do the clothing countdown. If you need a mantra to help streamline your wardrobe, use the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 rule for a weeklong trip: limit yourself to no more than five sets of socks and underwear, four tops, three bottoms, two pairs of shoes and one hat. The list should be adjusted to suit your needs.
- Lay out what you think you’ll need, then edit ruthlessly. Think twice about everything you want to put in your bag.
- Think Tetris. The best way to fit everything into one bag: fill every inch of space. Use organizing bags. These smaller bags help you keep your clothes compact and your outfits ordered. Izzie Bags are here to help! We have bags for a different type of things. Lingerie bags, clean and dirty clothing, man stuff - just to name a few.
- Keep liquids in easy reach. Toiletries should always be placed on top of your suitcase.
- Never unpack your toiletries: “I recommend keeping a separate toiletry kit for traveling,” said Marie Kondo, author of “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing.” Keeping a set of bathroom products already packed also ensures that you don’t forget a toothbrush or contact lens case that you might use the morning of takeoff, she said.
Travel the world with Izzie Bag.